Pembroke Welsh Corgi Breeders: Choosing the Right Corgi for You…
Pembroke Welsh corgis are one of the most popular breeds today. Even Queen Elizabeth II is known to have 17 of these playful pups in her household. If you’re interested in bringing one to your home, this article lists down the things you will want to watch out for when visiting one of the local Pembroke Welsh corgi breeders.
Tips when selecting a puppy from Pembroke Welsh corgi breeders
Even if you’re not planning to enter your pet into a competition in the future, it’s still important that you choose carefully which puppy you will be getting from Pembroke Welsh corgi breeders. Some of the factors you will want to look at include:
- Health of the puppy. Don’t take it for granted that just because the puppy looks and acts healthy doesn’t mean he or she actually is. Check if the nose is damp, cool, and clean. Check the gums if these are pink and healthy-looking. The puppy’s breathing should be steady and doesn’t sound as though he or she is wheezing or coughing. Check to see if the puppy responds when you make a noise. Watch how the puppy moves as well, as problems with walking can indicate deformities in the legs. Finally, check for fleas, mites, or dirt in the fur, as well as any other physical problems that may affect the health of the puppy.
- Personality of the puppy. Check the puppy’s temperament as well. You would want to choose a puppy that’s lively and friendly without being aggressive. Don’t hesitate to ask Pembroke Welsh corgi breeders about the puppy’s personalities to help you in choosing which of them you will be getting.
What to look for in Pembroke Welsh corgi breeders
Of course, it’s not enough that you look at the puppies the breeder is selling. You will also want to look at the Pembroke Welsh corgi breeders as well, as they can determine just how healthy and lively your pup will be. Some of the things you will want to check include:
- The living conditions. You will want to check where the living conditions of the puppies. It’s true that breeders raise these dogs for money, but that doesn’t mean that the living conditions of the canines should be meager and poor. Check if the place is dirty, as well as whether the needs of the puppies are well taken care of under the supervision of Pembroke Welsh corgi breeders.
- Rapport between the breeder and the puppy. The relationship between the breeder and the puppies he or she is raising can already indicate how the dogs have been raised so far. A good relationship between them usually indicates well-adjusted puppies, while a poor relationship may indicate a poorly-behaved puppy.
- Paperwork. Check to see if the breeder has taken the time to register the puppies and that he or she has the necessary paperwork.